Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Near Hodogaya Station

I decided that I needed to explore more of what was around the train station close to my dorm.  I had heard that there wasn't a lot of shops, but that there was a supermarket.  I found more than I was expecting!

First, a few pictures on the walk to the station. Crossing over the expressway, there is a little park.  It's a nice little landmark for me to spot when walking around the neighborhood, because then I know where I am!



 Connected to the train station is a small collection of shops, including a couple of restaurants.  I love the plastic food! 



 Not sure what this is, but it looks interesting!



 I stumbled upon a street market/fair.  I'm not sure if this happens every Sunday, or if it was special because it was a holiday weekend.  First attraction was a monkey wearing a dress that did tricks - including walking on stilts!



 Here is a view of the street where the market was on.  I bought a hot dog on a stick and it was delicious!



 There was also a karate demonstration where they broke some boards by punching and kicking.



 This guy broke a lot of boards!



 After I got back to the dorm I went up to the roof where there is a little garden.  Isn't it cute!



 You can see the Yokohama skyline in the distance.  The tallest building is the Landmark Tower, I will share more about it soon!

On the way back from the station I stopped and checked out the supermarket to see what kinds of things they have.  It seems like they have quite a bit of prepared food, so maybe on Friday nights it will be a good place to stop to stock up on food for the weekend.  The 7-11 isn't too bad, but I bet the supermarket will be better!

I got a little turned around on my way back up to the dorm, but I made it eventually - it's not to hard considering if I just keep going uphill I am bound to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment