Saturday, October 27, 2012

Motomachi Shopping Street - Yokohama

Last Sunday I had my first Japanese lesson, and then I spent part of the day checking out a pedestrian shopping street called Motomachi, found China town, and discovered a nice park.


As I was walking to the station, I thought that this view would provide some prospective on just how big the hill I live on is.  I would not want to live up those stairs!  Also, I feel bad for the mail man around here!



Here is the entrance to the Motomachi shopping street.  It is blocked from cars most of the day.  It was pretty crowded!  There was a mix of Japanese stores, and ritzy western stores, like Brooks Brothers!
  


 I found this awesome bead store - I had to use a lot of self control to not buy things here!



 At the end of the street I just kept walking, and stumbled on to a nice park.  Here is the bay bridge peeking through some trees.



 I love when there is a map of the area posted, especially when it has pictures!



 The top of the park had a nice little observation area.



 Such a good view!  I chilled out here for a while, reading in the sun.  It was such a nice day - it is starting to get cooler here, and less humid!



 This is a really ugly bug.  I almost stepped on it on accident. 



 Hey look - it's China town!  It was filled with a lot of restaurants, and the same touristy china town stores you would find in any city.



 I bought some lunch and ate in this Italian garden, it was very pretty, but small.

No comments:

Post a Comment