Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Shopping Adventure

Yesterday I ventured out to do some shopping.  I walked to Hodogaya station, mostly remembering the way!  I live on top of a giant hill, so there are lots of stairs to get down the hill.  The stairs also have a ramp to roll your bicycle down!

Close to the stairs there was a playground - it was super cute!


Here is the train schedule - this side is for weekdays and the other side is for weekends.  I haven't quite figured out what all of the symbols mean for the different types of trains and different destinations.  But the trains are super prompt! 



Tim will be happy to know that preparations for Halloween are also happening in Japan!



I love how I can find yarn everywhere, even in Japan!  This was in the 100 yen shop, where I managed to buy most of the things I needed.



 Apparently you have multiple choices at this train station if you want some McD's!



 Here is my haul from the 100 yen shop.  Some trash cans and bags (for all that gomi separation!), some dishes, chopsticks, soap and a small pot.  I also managed to buy a broom, a pillow a bathmat and some food to eat for dinner!


I think mom would be proud of the haul from the 100 yen shop, all total it came in less than US $20.  The bargain hunter genes remain strong!



No comments:

Post a Comment