Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ueno Zoo

Last Saturday I didn't have any big plans, so I decided to go to Ueno zoo, the oldest Zoo in Japan.  I got to see some unusual animals!  And I learned some more Japanese animal names!

Of course there were pandas!



 Even though there was some thick glass, I felt a little nervous this close to a lion!



 Gorilla - just chillin.


 These lovebirds were so adorable!



 This is by far the strangest bird I have ever seen.



 Oh hey polar bear. This guy kept sniffing the air with his nose - polar bear noses are surprisingly movable.



 My lunch at the zoo was a sandwich with a panda toasted into the bread.  They were celebrating 40 years of having pandas.



 One side of the zoo had a huge pond, with many big office buildings in the background!



 This is a pile of naked mole rats.  It was squirmy and gross.



 Oh hai Mr. Meerkat.


 This is called a Palla's cat.  I thought it looked so fluffy and cute!



 This is a leaf-nose snake.  Pretty self explanatory, I think.



 Of course because it is Japan, there was a pagoda at the zoo!



After seeing all of the animals, I checked out the massive shopping arcade near Ueno station.  There were lots of things for sale, many types of fish and other foods, golf clubs, clothes, shoes.  Pretty much anything!







No comments:

Post a Comment