Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tokyo Disney Sea

Last Wednesday was a holiday in Japan, so I took the opportunity to go to Tokyo Disney Sea.  (Along with a lot of other people!)  I got up early and got there at about 8:30, half an hour after the park opened.

The Disney monorail was adorable.



 It was so interesting from the inside too - look at the curvy benches!



Even the hand holds were mickey themed!



 This is the first thing you see in the park.  It is also the area where a lot of characters come.



I started my day in the Mysterious Island in the center of the park.  The main symbol of this park is Mt. Prometheus, which belches fire every so often.



After securing a fast pass for Journey to the Center of the Earth, I went on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.  It was different than the Disney World ride used to be, but it was so cool.






 Of course the queue area and ride theme was amazing as it always is at a Disney park.



 Now I was really getting in the mood for the ride!



 Every little detail...


 After the ride I found the famous "gyoza dog" stand.  There was quite a line, but it was worth it!  Yum!



 In the back you can see the Arabian Coast section and on the left is Mermaid Lagoon.




 Mermaid Lagoon had many rides for little kids.  It was so colorful!



 This is the only big roller coaster at the park, called Raging Spirits.  Unfortunately, it was closed for maintenance and I couldn't go on it.



 This is in the Lost River Delta, the outside of the ride Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull.  This was an amazing ride!



Finally it was time to ride what I had heard was the best ride in the park!



Even from the outside it gets exciting!



Lava!


Hey look, it's like I'm at work!



The ride was super fun, but then it was time for another snack - caramel popcorn!  There were many flavors of popcorn sold in the park.



This ride was a simulator of flying into a hurricane called Storm Rider.  It was fun, and to make it more realistic it rained on me inside!





It's like Cape Cod at the American Waterfront.



In the background there is the Tower of Terror.  I didn't go on since I have been on it so many times before at Disney World.



This is the area for the Toy Story ride.  I know that this is an amazing ride, but I didn't go on it.  The fastpass was sold out before I got to the park, and the wait was over 3 hours!



Time for another snack - it's a Mickey churro!


I'm glad we had a random day off in the middle of the week, and that I finally decided to go to Disney Sea.  It was not as sad as I thought it was to go by myself, and a few of the rides had single rider lanes so my waits were short!

No comments:

Post a Comment