Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tokushima: Day 2

On my second day in Tokushima I began by exploring more of the city on foot.  I found this cute sidewalk garden.



 I found the ruins of Tokushima castle.



 I found a small shrine.



 I walked along the river and saw this interesting stone art.



 I also saw that there was an anime convention in town.  The people were all crowded around the riverside park in costume, taking pictures of eachother.



 I took a boat ride on the river and on the other side of the main section of town I saw I park full of sakura!


 There were many types of trees in Tokushima.



 After the boat ride I wanted to go to the park with the sakura, so I started off walking there.  On the way in the castle moat I passed by these ducks that have a house.



 I also passed by these super busy palm trees.



 I found a pretty park along the way - it had a wonderful smelling magnolia tree!



 The park was so cute!



 I found the sakura!  They were very pink and made a tunnel.



 Here is the train sign of Shikoku.  I like it a lot!



 Mid afternoon it was time to start my 6 hour journey home.  I took the Uzushio and Marine Liner back to Okayama, where I boarded my last shinkansen.



The gnome and I had a good dinner, including sudachi juice.  Sudachi is a type of lime that is very popular in Tokushima.  This trip was an awesome one to end on!

No comments:

Post a Comment