Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hakone: Day 2

On my second day in Hakone I wanted to start my day by going up the Mt. Komagatake ropeway.  Unfortunately, this is what it looked like and the ropeway was closed!



 Instead my gnomies and I took a walk around the lake back to Moto-Hakone where I got on a bus to take me to the train to get to my next destination.




 The Hakone Open Air Museum!  It's a giant sculpture park.  It was so cool.  This first one reminded me of something similar outside Porter Square Station in Cambridge.



 There were all sorts of sculptures!



 This was a giant kid's playground.  I wish I was small enough to climb all around inside, it looked fun.



 There was a maze sunk into the ground.  And in the background is another kid's play structure.  It also looked really fun.  I wish they would make these for adults!



 They had a whole building with works from Picasso.



 There was a footbath outside the cafe - it was nice to chill out for a bit with some fruit.

T


 Giant fried egg benches.  Can I get one for my backyard?



 This was a cool tower made out of stained glass.  There was a nice view from the top!



 After visiting the open air museum I did some shopping and then made my way home.  I was entertained by the switchbacks in the train line.  The train would stop and the conductor would move from one end of the train to the other and we would start up again in the opposite direction!


I had an awesome time in Hakone!

No comments:

Post a Comment