Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nabana no Sato Illumination

My first night in Nagoya I boarded a bus bound for Nabana no Sato to see the illumination that was set up.  This was the main reason I visited Nagoya!  Nabana no Sato is a popular flower garden in the summer time, but in winter when nothing is in bloom they fill it with millions of lights!

It took me a while to find the bus station, and I finally found it inside a department store building!  I bought a ticket and away I went - it was about a 30 minute bus ride.  Once I got there, it was amazing!  There were lights everywhere, and that was just the outside!

Inside the river was lit up with lights. They flowed in time with music to make it look like the river was flowing!



All of the trees were lit up, they did a very good job of covering them with lights!




There was a ride called Island Fuji that ascended into the air so you could get a view of the whole park lit up.  The line was super long, so I didn't try it out.  I love the way the water was so calm that the reflections were perfect in it!



 There were two light tunnels, the first one was white.  It was so bright inside it was like daylight!  It was really long - from the beginning I couldn't see the end!



 All of the lights in this tunnel were shaped like flowers!!



 I was amazed at how many lights they had to use to make everything look so awesome!



 The second tunnel was pink lights with pink leaves. This one curved around a bunch, but wasn't as long as the first one.


The main attraction of the illumination was a light show with a projection screen and lots of lights behind it.  The whole field around it was lit in blue lights - it was amazing!  I am so glad that I decided to go to Nagoya to see this, it was really something special to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment